Employers who establish family friendly policies and provide employees with the opportunity to achieve a healthy work-life balance benefit immensely. Family friendly working conditions are not only good for children, parents, and elders; they are in the best interest of employers and, ultimately, they benefit our larger community.
Organizations that implement family friendly policies can benefit from:
- Visibility within Monterey County as a business that values family
- Aligned core organizational values with policies
- Reduced stress among employees as they strive to balance otherwise conflicting demands between family and work
- Calmer, engaged children which leads to a decrease in parental stress creating a pleasant work and home environment
- Improved employee retention
- Improved staff morale as employees feel valued and supported
- Reduced absenteeism
- Improvement in employees economic status and quality of life
- Increase in patronage of families
- Increased productivity through happier, more engaged staff
- Enhanced organizational effectiveness and efficiency through retention of experienced and knowledgeable staff
- A cost-effective means to be recognized as a preferred employer
- Reduced costs often associated with turnover, healthcare and lost productivity
Monterey County needs businesses that support families, both behind the scenes with strong family policies and in the public eye as a service to families. Ready to apply to become a Monterey County Family Friendly Employer?
Looking for more ways to support employees and engage them in healthy, family friendly practices?
*Bright Beginnings does not provide legal or HR advice. Please consult an appropriate professional before implementing changes to your HR policy.