This can look different in a variety of environments including a play area in a waiting room, children’s books in a cozy reading corner, or posters that promote parent-child interaction in public areas.
Promote parent-child interactions, such as shared book reading, games, and art in areas where parents and children wait together (doctor’s office, restaurants, etc.). Parents value businesses that promote opportunities for their children to be engaged, and encourage activities for both children and families as they wait. Child welcoming options may include:
- Providing a clean play area for children with safe, age-appropriate toys and materials
- Providing reading materials across diverse topics and age ranges in customer areas (ex. books, coloring options, etc.)
- Providing healthy food and beverage options
- Displaying child-friendly images around your business
- Opening up your business to children for visits and/or field trips
Employers should discuss and collaborate with their employees on possible options and solutions that will fit their needs.
Ready to apply to become a Monterey County Child Welcoming Business? Click here!
* Bright Beginnings does not provide legal or HR advice. Please consult an appropriate professional before implementing changes to your HR policy.