What are some great events you want early childhood champions to know about? Interested in learning about upcoming Bright Beginnings CAT and Network meetings? Events around the county to get involved with? Want to post what you are doing so Bright Beginnings can help promote your event through our various channels? Check out our Google Calendar and send an email to email@example.com.
- The Greenfield Collaborative Action Team will host its second annual Kinder Family Festival for parents and families of 4 – 5 year olds on Wednesday, March 15th from 3pm to 7pm at Memorial Hall. The festival will provide suggestions of family activities to do at home that boost a child’s readiness for kindergarten to:
- Increase access, awareness and participation in activities and resources that improve children’s Kinder readiness;
- Honor cultural identities by celebrating the assets and strengths to ultimately reinforce that parents and guardians are a child’s first teachers
- Provide wraparound services for families that may not be connected.
We hope you will join us to prepare our children for
success during their earliest years. For more
information and updates about the Kinder Family
Festival, please visit:
Bright Beginnings Greenfield CAT webpage.
- MPUSD is now registering TK and Kindergarten students for the 2017-2018 school year. Children who turn 5 between Dec 3, 2017 and March 1, 2018 are eligible to enroll in Transitional Kindergarten. Children who turn 5 between September 2, 2017 and Dec 2, 2017 are eligible to enroll in Kindergarten. More information can be found here: www.mpusd.net.
- MPUSD runs a FREE Play and Learn Playgroup for families with little ones ages 0 to 3 at the Cabrillo Family Resource Center, 1295 La Salle Ave, Seaside. Playgroups are held on Tuesdays from 10 a.m.- 12 p.m. and 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Register by calling 392-3456 or in person at a group.
- MPUSD’s LCAP Community Engagement Dates have been announced for 2017. This is an important chance for community members to provide input about district priorities. It is a great opportunity for the Peninsula CAT to develop talking points that support our priority indicators and mobilize early learning advocates to participate in the meetings. Mark your calendars with the following dates: http://www.mpusd.k12.ca.us/2016LCAP