- Family child care homes, do you need help with your taxes? Register for the free webinar being held on Wednesday, February 22 from 6:00pm-8:00pm that is designed specifically for child care businesses. Register here for the Spanish session, and contact El Pajaro at firstname.lastname@example.org for English webinars.
- Free virtual Early Math Seminar. Discover math for young children in playful and engaging activities on Thursday, February 23 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Register here.
- Get your professional development hours! CECO is offering 12 new online professional development modules designed for early learning and care professionals in all roles and settings. These modules offer engaging, interactive online learning experiences that present current and relevant content. In addition, each series provides purposeful activities, tools for reflection, and resources that extend the learning experience. Sign up here to access free training modules at California Early Childhood Online (CECO).
- The next Community Care Licensing Webinar will be held on Tuesday, March 28 from 6:00pm – 7:00pm. Additional dates for important info will be held on June 27, September 26 and December 12. Register here in advance.
- MAOF is offering to reimburse ECE providers up to $100 for taking health and safety training. Take advantage of this generous offer by contacting MAOF at 831-757-0775. More information about this opportunity here.
- Access MCOE’s Early Care and Education Department virtual magazine for future professional development opportunities available for ECE providers here!
- ECE Community College students: Funds are available to help with tuition & textbooks. The funds will go fast, so share this application with those you know and apply early.
- Time to enroll your child in early education!
- MPUSD will be holding two events to help families enroll children in Infant care, Preschool, TK and Kindergarten. Bring your documents on Friday, February 10 from 4:00 – 8:00pm at Cabrillo Family Resource Center (Monterey Adult School) or Saturday, February 11 from 10:00am-1:00pm at Monterey Peninsula College, Marina Campus. For more info, click here.
- Greenfield is holding their PreK, TK and Kinder festival on Wednesday, February 15 from 2:30pm-5:30pm at the Greenfield Memorial Hall. Children’s activities and resources for your family will be available.
- The Early Learning program provides low income children and their families with quality childhood development programs and integrated support services. Register today! Full Day and Part Day Options are available at select sites. Share the flyer here.
- Good Shepherd Preschool is enrolling for part and full day care. Check out their schedule and flyer here.
- Families are invited to join the free Stay and Play time followed by story time at various Monterey County Free Libraries. There are three convenient times and locations; share this flyer:
- Thursdays from 10:30am-12:00pm at the Salinas, Buena Vista Library
- Tuesdays from 11:00am-1:00pm at the Seaside Library
- Fridays from 3:00pm-4:00pm Castroville Branch Library
- Positive Discipline classes in Spanish are starting on Friday, March 3 from 5:30pm-6:30pm at the Virginia Rocca Barton School, room 3 at 680 Las Casitas Drive in Salinas. For more information call 831-753-5700 x 4701 or 4702. Share this flyer with your families.
- Find out what’s happening at the Salinas Library. Lots of fun activities for you and your family. Sign up for in person and online events including Toddler Tales, Lego Master Builders and Family Crafternoon.
- Save the date for the Marina CDC Resource Fair on Thursday, May 4 from 5:00pm-7:00pm. Raffles, give-aways and connecting with others will be part of the fun. Be sure to be there and bring your family- 3066 Lake Drive, Marina.
- Looking for childcare? Go to Montereycountychildcare.org or Mychildcareplan.org for help finding the right care for your child.
- MCOE will be hosting two FREE COVID vaccine clinics at the MCOE Main Campus. Below are event details:
- Tuesday, February 21 from 3:30pm to 6:30pm in Meeting Room D
- Tuesday, March 21 from 3:30pm to 6:30pm in Meeting Room D
- There will also be flu shots available. Please share these event details and flyers with school staff, community, family members, and on social media.
- The Home Energy Assistance Program provides a credit on energy bills for low-income households. Check out the flyer or call 1-888-728-3637 for more information.
- Calling UPK Leaders! MCOE is hosting a 2 day Tri-County leadership event supporting P3 alignment through play- based and inquiry driven learning. Register by Tuesday, March 14 and share the flyer with colleagues.
- Monterey County needs businesses that support families, both behind the scenes with strong family policies and in the public eye as a service to families. Ready to apply to become a Bright Beginnings Family Friendly Employer? It’s easy! Learn more and certify your business here. Child Care businesses are encouraged to apply!
- Are you or others you know interested in starting a child care business? MAOF is recruiting potential family child care homes in addition to offering free training, marketing, and up to $1,000 in support to new or expanding child care programs in Monterey County. Share these flyers with your friends and family or call MAOF at (831) 757-0775 to learn more.
- This Winter season, let’s gather in ways that limit the spread of respiratory viruses like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), flu, and COVID-19. Check out ways to keep your family health by visiting the new HEALTH tab on the montereychildcare.org website.
- Need to find a COVID-19 testing or vaccine clinic in Monterey County? Visit MontereyCountyVaccines.com or find a location in the flyers: Free Testing and Free Vaccination sites.
Monterey County Vaccines By the Numbers
Overall, 81.2% of the eligible population in Monterey County have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. For more details on COVID health data, visit the Health Departments website here. Stay informed on all things COVID-19 on the Monterey County COVID-19 portal.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information ➡️ click here to learn more…
General COVID-19 & Public Health ➡️ click here to learn more…
Resources & Tools
Financial Relief for Families ➡️ click here to learn more…
All Ages Learning & Development Supports ➡️ click here to learn more…
Resilience & Mental Health Resources ➡️ click here to learn more…
Child Care & Education Quality & Business Tools ➡️ click here to learn more…
Policy & Advocacy ➡️ click here to learn more…
Our goal is to ensure that young children have quality, nurturing, and safe child care and education during and post-pandemic. For more information about this effort and the coalition behind it, please visit our web hub here.
News and resources are shared below. Previous Weekly Digests are available here.
If you have information, flyers, or events you would like to share in this publication, please contact or send information to: Laura@BrightBeginningsMC.org.
Want more information from Bright Beginnings? Stay up-to-date and join the mailing list for the BB Weekly Recovery Coalition Digest, Maternal Mental Health Task Force, and the BB Quarterly Update.
It Takes a Coalition
The emergency response providing coordinated solutions for child care and education is led by a coalition of early childhood champions, united under the Bright Beginnings Strategic Framework to better support all young children and their families, to prepare every child for life and school. This coalition is ever-growing:
4th Monterey County Supervisorial District
30th California Assembly District
Building Healthy Communities
Carmel Unified School District
Child Care Planning Council
Child Development Centers and Continuing Development Incorporated
Early Development Services
First 5 Monterey County
Go Kids, Inc.
MAOF Resource & Referral & Alternative Payment Program
Monterey Peninsula Unified School District
Natividad Medical Center
North Monterey County Unified School District
Office of Education – Early Learning Program
Office of Education – Educational Services
Public Health Office
Quality Matters Monterey County
Salinas City Elementary School District
Social Services – Child Abuse Prevention Council
United Farmworkers Foundation
United Way of Monterey County
A special thanks to the coordinating team and major funders: Bright Beginnings Backbone, Child Care Planning Council, First 5 Monterey County, MAOF Resource & Referral, Quality Matters, and the United Way of Monterey County.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.